Thursday, April 30, 2009

What problem?

Ok, so I think I might have a problem.

I can't stop downloading various linux distributions and installing them on my crap laptop. I fiddle with one for a day or couple hours, before I wipe it with a different distribution...

I have yet to find/stumble across one that I completely love, or that recognizes all of my hardware off the bat. And to make matters worse, I don't even know all of the hardware on that laptop, so it's not like I can go look for proper device drivers or anything. Frustrating.

But some LiveCD versions play wonderfully on my IBM ThinkPad. >.> Just not quite ready to back up everything and wipe this laptop yet. That's a scary thought.

But I haven't had any real work lately, I'm too focused on the move to even be looking for work. So do I really need to keep the laptop in fully functioning order? So long as I have internet access and a web browser, I'm happy to talk with Tammy, write posts, check out other linux versions, etc...

Just want to tinker.

Currently checking out SimplyMEPSIS, Linux Mint, and Good OS.

So yeah... I may have a problem.

2 comments:

tdleitch said...

Ahhh, the poor computer! =(

nozomiyume said...

I see absolutely no problem with this :p

Post a Comment