Sunday, August 19, 2007

Movie Review 01

I hate reviews, let me just say that. I can't write them either because, well, I don't want to sound like a pretentious douche bag. So let's get to it.

Night Watch turned out to be almost as good as I was hoping it would be. And if I ever can locate a copy of it in town, I'll probably buy it, though I might just order all 3 books (Night Watch, Day Watch, Twilight Watch) from amazon and be done with it. My only complaint with the movie was the dubbing being off a couple of times. So if you can find a version with Russian language track and English subtitles, go for that. Or just torrent a subbed one. Otherwise, I really enjoyed it.

Perfect Creature looked promising, but then I watched it. Watched the whole thing. Wish I hadn't. I don't know quite what I was expecting from the movie, since it had vampires protecting society. I think I was hoping for another Equilibrium, but it wasn't. It was crap. Please avoid this movie. I could go on as to why you should, but I'm not going to. Just save yourself that slice of time and do something worthwhile instead. Maybe grow a cactus. Something like that.

Children of Men was very good. Really wish I had seen this movie in the theater. Watching it at home was great too, I wasn't missing out on anything by not seeing it in the theater. Sometimes things just deserve to be bigger, and this is a big movie in scope. I actually had decent thoughts about my fellow humanity after watching this movie. Until I went to class the next day and was forced to deal with putzes. Oh well, good will lasted for eight hours or so, what more can you hope for.

No comments:

Post a Comment