Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Workspace Planning

With the move just around the corner, I've started to cull all of the useless and unnecessary junk from my apartment. This has made me question why I even bothered to purchase a lot of my possessions.

So, I've been selling books, giving away clothes, hauling trash bags full of once valued junk to the dumpsters. And then I turned my gaze toward my poor jumbled computer desk.

I spend way too much time in front of the computer, sitting in odd positions to reduce back pain, muscle fatigue, etc. Unfortunately, I can't get rid of the computer desk or chair yet, and I do plan on bringing them with me. But the situation has made me really think about what I need and want out of a desk and workspace.

Browsing Lifehacker, checking out people's desk setups, looking at furniture stores. I think I know what I want. I want to be comfortable, be it sitting or standing. Ergonomics and all of that.

Then I found this ergonomic workspace planner, which I'm eager to put into use.

I find myself walking, more pacing really, when I do any serious work/thinking. And I feel my workspace should reflect that. So ultimately I think I need to make/buy a desk that will adjust from sitting to standing height. Having two seperate desks would be impractical to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment